Please zoom closer to see listings
- Remove some filters.
- Expand the area of your search.
- Search for a city, address, or landmark.
Louisiana Vacation Rentals
Louisiana - Our Vacation Guide
Louisiana, a southeastern U.S. state on the Gulf of Mexico, has many distinctive cultural influences. Its largest city, New Orleans, is known for its colonial-era French Quarter and raucous Mardi Gras festival. The Mississippi River runs through the center of the state, providing transportation routes for commerce and recreation.
What’s the best time of year to take a vacation in Louisiana?
It depends on what you’re looking for. Mardi Gras, which takes place in February or March, is a huge party that shouldn’t be missed. If you’re looking for great weather, April and May are lovely months to visit Louisiana.
What type of vacation rentals can I expect to find in Louisiana?
There are vacation rentals to suit every taste and budget in Louisiana. Whether you’re looking for a cozy cabin in the woods or a luxurious penthouse overlooking the city, you’ll be able to find it here.
Where are the best places to stay in Louisiana?
This again depends on your preferences. New Orleans is a must-see, and there are many great vacation rentals available in the city. If you’re looking for a more laid-back atmosphere, Baton Rouge or Lafayette may be more your speed.
No matter what kind of vacation you’re looking for, Louisiana has something to offer.
What’s the weather like in Louisiana?
Louisiana has a subtropical climate, which means that it is generally warm and humid throughout the year. The best time to visit Louisiana if you’re looking for great weather is April and May.
Is Louisiana a safe place to visit?
Yes, Louisiana is generally a safe place to visit. However, as with anyplace else, it is always important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions when travelling in unfamiliar areas.
What’s the best way to travel around Louisiana?
Walking, biking, and taking public transportation are all great ways to get around Louisiana. However, if you’re planning on doing a lot of travelling within the state, renting a car may be the best option for you.
What are the best things to see and do in Louisiana?
Wondering what the top attractions and activities are in Louisiana? Here is our list of some of the best things to see and do while you’re vacationing in the state:
Take a scenic drive through Atchafalaya National Heritage Area.
When planning a Louisiana vacation, consider taking a scenic drive through the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area. This area is full of beautiful cypress trees, wildlife, and bayous. There are also several rental options available if you want to stay in the area for a longer period of time.
Visit Baton Rouge and explore the state capital.
The state capital of Louisiana is a hidden gem that often gets overshadowed by its more famous neighbors, New Orleans and Lafayette. But Baton Rouge has plenty to offer visitors, from its rich history and culture to its delicious food and gorgeous scenery. Here are three reasons why you should add Baton Rouge to your travel itinerary.
Reasons Why You Should Visit Baton Rouge
- Learn about Louisiana’s complex history. Baton Rouge is steeped in history and culture, dating back to its founding by the French in 1699. The city was a key site during the American Civil War, and later became the state capital in 1879. Today, visitors can explore the Old State Capitol, which has been restored to its 19th. century appearance, or the New State Capitol, which offers tours and stunning views of the city. Baton Rouge is also home to several museums, including the Louisiana Art & Science Museum and the USS Kidd Veterans Memorial Museum.
- Enjoy the great outdoors. Baton Rouge is located on the banks of the Mississippi River, so there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Visitors can take a scenic riverboat cruise, go fishing or kayaking, or hike and bike along one of the many trails in the area. For a truly unique experience, take a Swamp Tour and see alligators and other wildlife up close.
- Sample delicious Louisiana cuisine. No trip to Baton Rouge would be complete without trying. some of the city’s delicious food. Louisiana cuisine is a unique blend of French, African, and American influences, and Baton Rouge has no shortage of great restaurants to choose from. Be sure to try dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and shrimp etouffee, and wash it all down with a cold beer or Hurricane cocktail.
Take a swamp tour through one of Louisiana’s many bayous.
Louisiana is a unique and interesting state that offers many different activities for visitors. One of the most popular attractions is taking a swamp tour through one of the bayous. This can be a great way to see some of the wildlife that Louisiana has to offer while also getting a taste of the local culture.
There are many different companies that offer swamp tours, so it is important to do some research to find one that is reputable and has good reviews. It is also important to make sure that you dress appropriately for the tour, as you will likely be getting wet and dirty.
Swamp tours can be a great way to spend a day in Louisiana, and they are an experience that you will never forget.
Go fishing in one of Louisiana’s many waterways.
Reasons Why You Should Go Fishing in Louisiana
- There’s no better place to relax and enjoy the outdoors than Louisiana. With its many waterways, fishing is one of the most popular activities in the state.
- Louisiana is home to some of the best fishing spots in the country. Whether you’re looking for a place to catch bass, catfish, or trout, you’ll find it here.
- Fishing is a great way to spend time with family and friends. It’s also a great way to meet new people and learn about different cultures.
- Louisiana has something for everyone, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced fisherman. There are plenty of places to fish, and you’re sure to find a spot
Visit New Orleans and explore the French Quarter.
When it comes to vacations, few destinations are as varied and interesting as New Orleans. This city has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a party atmosphere or a more relaxed getaway. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider vacationing in New Orleans:
- The French Quarter One of the most iconic aspects of New Orleans is the French Quarter. This historic district is full of charming buildings, cobblestone streets, and wrought iron balconies. There’s also plenty of great shopping and dining in the French Quarter, making it the perfect place to spend a day or two exploring.
- The Beaches New Orleans may not be known for its beaches, but the city actually has several great options for those looking to enjoy some time in the sun. From Pontchartrain Beach to Chicot State Park, there are plenty of beaches within easy driving distance of the city. So whether you’re looking to relax on the sand or take a dip in the water, you’ll be able to find a beach that’s perfect for you.
- The Festivals No matter what time of year you visit New Orleans, there’s sure to be a festival going on. From Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest to Halloween and Voodoo Fest, there’s always something fun happening in this city. And with so many festivals to choose from, you’re sure to find one that appeals to your. New Orleans is home to some of the most beautiful and unique architecture in the country. From the historic French Quarter to the Garden District, there’s no shortage of interesting buildings and homes to explore. So whether you’re a history buff or just enjoy looking at pretty houses, you’ll definitely want to spend some time checking out the architecture of New Orleans.
Take a plantation tour and learn about Louisiana’s history.
If you’re looking for something a little different, why not take a plantation tour? You’ll learn about the state’s history and see some beautiful buildings and grounds.
Sample some of Louisiana’s famous food and drink.
Reasons Why You Should Sample Louisiana’s Famous Food and Drink
- Louisiana is home to some of the best restaurants in the country. If you’re looking for a great meal, you’ll definitely find it here.
- The food in Louisiana is unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before. From Cajun cuisine to gumbo and beignets, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Louisiana is also home to some of the best bars and breweries in the country. So whether you’re looking for a place to have a few drinks or sample some local beer, you’ll definitely find what you’re looking for.
Listen to some live music in New Orleans or Lafayette.
Reasons Why You Should Listen to Live Music in New Orleans or Lafayette
- Louisiana is home to some of the best musicians in the country. If you’re looking for a great live music experience, you’ll definitely find it here.
- The music in Louisiana is unlike anything you’ve ever heard before. From Cajun and zydeco music to jazz and blues, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Louisiana is also home to some of the best live music venues in the country. So whether you’re looking for a small intimate venue or a large concert hall, you’ll definitely find what you’re looking for.
What time zone is Louisiana in?
The state of Louisiana is in the Central Time Zone. This means that it is one hour behind the Eastern Time Zone and one hour ahead of the Mountain Time Zone.
How did Louisiana get its name?
Louisiana was named after King Louis XIV of France. The French colony of Louisiana was founded in 1682 and was named in honor of the king. Louisiana became a state in 1812 and has been known by that name ever since.
What is Louisiana state bird?
Wetlands make up a large part of Louisiana, and are home to many different kinds of wildlife. The state bird of Louisiana is the brown pelican, which is a common sight in the wetlands. Other popular animals in Louisiana include alligators, black bears, and white-tailed deer.
What is Louisiana state flower?
The state flower of Louisiana is the magnolia, which is a common sight in the region. Other popular flowers in Louisiana include camellias, azaleas, and lilies.