Price Comparison Results
Airbnb • Vrbo • Booking.com • Direct
Tentrr State Park Site - Mississippi Tishomingo State Park - Haynes Lake South E - Single Camp - Wheelchair-Friendly
Tentrr State Park Site - Mississippi Tishomingo State Park - Haynes Lake South E - Single Camp
Tentrr State Park Site - Mississippi Tishomingo State Park - Haynes Lake South C
Community Book - Direct Links
Located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Tishomingo State Park offers a unique landscape of massive rock formations and fern-filled crevices found nowhere else in Mississippi. Winding through Tishomingo State Park is Bear Creek, a scenic stream settled within the bluffs of the park. The park offers a seasonal, 6.25-mile canoe float trip down the rocky-bottomed stream (operates daily from mid-April until mid-October weather and water level permitting). Canoe trips and fishing are also available on Bear Creek.
Hikers can explore seven hiking trails within the park (easy to moderate ratings) and rock climbing is available with a permit. Haynes Lake, a 45-acre freshwater lake, is also available for fishing. The park features a ballfield, volleyball court and disc golf course for group recreation. Families with young children can enjoy the park's playground.
Haynes Lake South C is located less than a mile from the park entrance. Ir is a partially shaded hike-in campsite with peaceful views of Haynes Lake. Parking is less than 100 ft from the site. Your campsite features a 10 x 12 platform tent with a queen bed as well as a pop-up tent that can accommodate 4 additional campers. A picnic table, firepit and two Adirondack chairs are also included. There is a Tentrr Loo (camping potty) at your campsite for convenience. Campers will also be able to access modern bathhouses for showers and restrooms at the park but these facilities are some distance from the tent.
Hike, boat and fish less than one hour from Tupelo, Mississippi. Great weekend camping getaway for residents of Birmingham, Huntsville and Memphis.
Toilets: Every campsite is equipped with a camp toilet (we call it the Tentrr Loo). This is a simple wooden box with a toilet seat and a bucket inside. To use, line the bucket with a CleanWaste Sani-Bag supplied at the camp prior to use. Afterwards, simply tie the bag up and place it in a trash bag. CleanWaste Sani-Bags use a NASA-developed gelling/deodorizing agent that helps prevent spills and keeps everyone safe and clean.
Campers will also have access to all the bathroom and shower facilities within the park as well.
Other Things to Note:
- Pack your own food, water, firewood, bedding, bug spray and flashlights
- There is no electricity, AC, or heater at your Tentrr site, pack accordingly
- Anything you pack in, you must pack out. This is "leave no trace" camping and all sites will be inspected for cleanliness and damages before the next camper
- All trash MUST be deposited in the designated trash receptacle that is labeled on the map.Please notes : If you do not follow this rule, you will be charged a cleaning fee of at least $50
- Pets are allowed. Please keep all pets on leashes(we recommend 6 ft), and DO NOT let your pets near or swim in any bodies of water.
- Please remember to respect and keep your distance from our wildlife in the park. Feeding any wildlife is prohibited. Be aware and watch all surrounding areas when going off trail.