Please zoom closer to see listings
- Remove some filters.
- Expand the area of your search.
- Search for a city, address, or landmark.
Montana Vacation Rentals
Montana - Our Vacation Guide
Montana is a state located in the Western United States. The state’s name comes from the Spanish word montaña, which means “mountain”, or more specifically, the Rocky Mountains. Montana is the 4th largest state in the United States, with an area of 147,040 square miles (380,800 km2). It is also the 8th least populous state, with a population of just over 1 million people.
Montana is known for its abundant natural beauty, as well as its rich history and culture. The state is home to some of America’s most iconic landmarks, including Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. Montana also has a variety of cities and towns that offer a wide range of activities and attractions.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing vacation in the great outdoors or a more active adventure, Montana has something to offer everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your Montana vacation today!
What’s the best time of year to take a vacation in Montana?
The best time of year to take a vacation in Montana depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a winter wonderland, then December through February is the perfect time for you. However, if you’re looking to escape the cold and enjoy some warmer weather, then May through September is the best time to visit Montana. No matter when you come, Montana is sure to offer an unforgettable experience.
What type of vacation rentals can I expect to find in Montana?
Montana vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re looking for a cozy cabin in the woods or a luxurious condo in the heart of downtown, you’ll be able to find the perfect rental for your needs.
Where are the best places to stay in Montana?
The best places to stay in Montana depend on what you’re looking for in a vacation. If you’re looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation, then we recommend staying in one of the many small towns located throughout the state. However, if you’re looking for a more action-packed vacation, then we recommend staying in one of Montana’s larger cities, such as Billings or Missoula.
No matter where you choose to stay, Montana is sure to offer an unforgettable experience.
What’s the weather like in Montana?
The weather in Montana varies depending on the time of year. The summers are typically warm and dry, with temperatures averaging in the low 80s. The winters are cold, with temperatures often dipping below freezing. However, no matter what time of year you visit, Montana is sure to offer an unforgettable experience.
What should I pack for my Montana vacation?
Some essential items to pack for your Montana vacation include comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a camera. Depending on the time of year you visit, you may also want to pack some warmer clothing for the cooler evenings.
What’s the best way to travel around Montana?
The best way to travel around Montana depends on where you’re staying and what you’re looking for in a vacation.
If you’re staying in one of the state’s larger cities, then we recommend renting a car or taking public transportation. However, if you’re staying in a more rural area, then we recommend using a bike or your own two feet to explore. No matter how you choose to get around, Montana is sure to offer an unforgettable experience.
How can I make the most of my Montana vacation?
There are many ways to make the most of your Montana vacation. We recommend starting by planning ahead and doing some research on the best places to visit and things to do.
What are the 10 best things to see and do in Montana?
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Montana. Situated in the northwest corner of the state, it is home to a large number of geothermal features, as well as wildlife including grizzly bears, wolves, and bison. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and sightseeing in the park.
Grand Teton National Park
If you’re looking for breathtaking scenery, wildlife encounters, and endless outdoor recreation opportunities, look no further than Grand Teton National Park. Located in northwestern Wyoming, this national park is home to the iconic Rocky Mountains, as well as a variety of plant and animal species. Here are three reasons why you should add Grand Teton National Park to your travel itinerary:
The scenery is unlike anywhere else on earth.
From its alpine lakes and wildflower meadows to its soaring mountain peaks, the landscape of Grand Teton National Park is truly one-of-a-kind. And whether you’re enjoying it from the comfort of your car or venturing out. There are endless recreation opportunities.
No matter what time of year you visit Grand Teton National Park, there’s sure to be an outdoor activity for you to enjoy. In the summer, you can go hiking, camping, fishing, and horseback riding. And in the winter, you can hit the slopes at one of the nearby ski resorts.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing vacation or an action-packed adventure, Grand Teton National Park is sure to exceed your expectations. So start planning your trip today!
Glacier National Park
Located in the northwestern United States, Glacier National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Montana. The park covers over 1 million acres of land and is home to over 130 named glaciers.
Glacier National Park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors and experience some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. There are numerous hiking trails, camping sites, and other outdoor activities available. Visitors can also take part in ranger-led programs and tours, or enjoy a scenic drive along the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
The Beartooth Highway
The Beartooth Highway is one of the most iconic drives in America. The 68-mile route winds its way through some of the most beautiful scenery in Montana. Here are 5 reasons why you should put driving the Beartooth Highway on your bucket list:
- The Views are Unforgettable The Beartooth Highway takes you through a landscape of alpine forests, glacial valleys, and wildflower-covered meadows. You’ll also get incredible views of mountains, including the tallest peak in Montana - Granite Peak.
- It’s a photographer’s paradise Whether you’re a professional photographer or an amateur with a smartphone, the Beartooth Highway is a place where you can really capture some incredible shots. Make sure to bring your camera and plenty of memory cards!
- You can go fishing If you’re a fan of fishing, the Beartooth Highway is the perfect place to drop a line. There are plenty of lakes and streams where you can try your luck at catching trout.
- You can hike to your heart’s content There are countless hiking trails along the Beartooth Highway, so you can explore as much or as little as you want. Whether you’re looking for an easy nature walk or a challenging hike, there’s something for everyone.
- It’s the perfect place to escape. The Beartooth Highway is the perfect place to get away from it all. If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this is the place for you. Take in the fresh air and relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Big Sky Resort
Montana is a beautiful state with plenty to offer in terms of vacation destinations. If you’re looking for the perfect place to enjoy some time outdoors and take in the stunning natural scenery, Big Sky Resort is the place for you. Here are 3 reasons why:
- The setting is unbeatable. Big Sky Resort is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, giving you access to incredible views no matter where you go.
- There’s something for everyone. whether you’re looking to hit the slopes or just enjoy a leisurely walk through the woods, Big Sky Resort has you covered.
- The accommodations are top-notch. From. The town of Big Sky is the perfect basecamp for your Montana vacation. With plenty of restaurants, shops, and activities to keep you busy, you won’t be disappointed.
Flathead Lake is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Montana. The lake is situated in the western part of the state and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- The scenery is simply breathtaking.
- There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, including swimming, fishing, hiking, and canoeing.
- The wildlife is incredible. You might see bald eagles, ospreys, or even a bear or two!
- The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous.
Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument
- To learn about an important moment in American history
- To see where one of the most famous battles in American history took place
- To walk in the footsteps of the brave men who fought and died there
- To pay tribute to those who lost their lives
- To get a sense of what life was like for the soldiers who fought in the battle
- To see the beautiful scenery of the area
- To take a step back in time
Pompey’s Pillar National Monument
- Pompey’s Pillar National Monument is another of the most popular tourist attractions in Montana. The monument is named after Pompey, a Roman general.
- Pompey’s Pillar is located on the banks of the Yellowstone River, just outside of Billings. The monument features a large sandstone pillar that was used by Native Americans as a lookout point.
- Visitors to Pompey’s Pillar can explore the hiking trails, picnic areas, and native plant life. There are also numerous interpretive displays that provide information about the history and culture of the region.
- Pompey’s Pillar is open year-round, but summer is the best time to visit when the weather is at it’s best.
What are the best beaches in Montana?
Warm weather and beautiful scenery make Montana’s beaches some of the best in the country. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Bigfork Beach - This beach is located on Flathead Lake, and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains. There is also a playground and picnic area for visitors to enjoy.
- Great Falls Beach - Great Falls Beach is situated on the Missouri River, and features a waterfall that is over 100 feet tall. Visitors can swim in the river, or relax on the sandy beach.
- Helena Beach - Helena Beach is located on Hauser Lake, and is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
What food is specific to Montana?
Here are a few of the state’s signature dishes:
- Huckleberry Pie - Huckleberries are a type of wild berry that is native to Montana. The berries are often used in pies, jams, and syrups.
- Trout - Trout is a popular type of fish that is found in many of Montana’s rivers and lakes. The fish can be grilled, baked, or fried, and is often served with lemon and butter.
- Bison Burgers - Bison meat is a leaner alternative to beef, and makes for a delicious burger. Bison burgers can be found at many restaurants across Montana.
What time zone is Montana in?
The state is in the Mountain Time Zone, which is one hour behind the Pacific Time Zone. This means that when it’s noon in Los Angeles, it’s 11:00 am in Montana.
What is the capital of Montana?
Helena is the capital of Montana. The state’s name comes from the Spanish word for mountain, montaña. Helena was founded in 1864, and became the state capital in 1875. The city is home to a variety of historical attractions, including the Montana Historical Society Museum and the Original Governor’s Mansion. Helena is also a great place to enjoy the outdoors, with nearby parks and trails perfect for hiking, biking, and fishing.
What is Montana’s state bird?
The Meadowlark is Montana’s state bird. The meadowlark is a type of songbird that is found in open grasslands across the western United States. The bird has a yellow breast and black streaks on its back, and can often be seen perched atop a fence post or telephone wire. The meadowlark’s song is a cheerful trill that is used to attract mates and defend territories.
What is Montana’s state flower?
Sweet peas are the state flower of Montana. Sweet peas are a type of flowering plant that is native to Europe and Asia. The plants have showy flowers that come in a variety of colors, including pink, purple, and white. Sweet peas are often used in bouquets and floral arrangements.